Install And Configure SFTP task- failed

Hi,
Can you please suggest what went wrong?

[root@stapp01 ~]# ssh [email protected]
The authenticity of host ‘172.16.238.10 (172.16.238.10)’ can’t be established.
ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:piuKeEVGLN6vHokyWOfV6diwsG4l5LJfXHf7ThSiEA0.
ECDSA key fingerprint is MD5:7d:ff:fb:0b:d7:34:0e:f3:49:7e:be:7d:fe:50:ab:c6.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added ‘172.16.238.10’ (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
[email protected]’s password:
This service allows sftp connections only.
Connection to 172.16.238.10 closed.

[root@stapp01 ~]# sftp [email protected]
[email protected]’s password:
Connected to 172.16.238.10.
sftp> ls
uploads
sftp>

@q69145 this is marked as Success for you, thanks for reporting.

Hi Inderpreet, Thanks. But it is not showing in the ’ List Of Tasks’ assigned to me.

Hi team,

Afer submiting the task successfully,  the points also not increasing.  Can you please check  on this?

@Inderpreet this happened to me today, I posted it. Could you review for me?

@Inderpreet @q69145
how to verify this task?
if I have completed all the action items correctly?
I have followed below google article and updated as per the question.

Please check and advise.
Thank you

If you want to do cross check then use ssh command for that user.

Hi @Inderpreet

I am having the same problem with this task:

@q69145 @cilasbeltrame do you guys still have any issue with tasks not showing up or something ?

@wfranca

From your original answer it seems like when you clicked on Finish, your changes were not complete and tested. The testing screenshots you shared above seems to be taken after clicking on Finish and after making some additional changes. Please not that any changes made after clicking on Finish are not included in the original answer.

@Inderpreet,

Yes,   Still the task is not showing up.

And also the points are not geting added after any tasks have been completed successfully.

Thanks,
Muthu

@q69145 ok, I will get this checked.

Hi @Inderpreet ,

That is not true. All my changes were completed and tested before I clicked on Finish.
All screenshot were taken after the failed result and have all the steps and all the tests I did until the end.

As you can see in the screenshots I used 2 terminal, one for working and the other for the testing.

Please verify your end logs/audit

Regards
Wanderson França

@wfranca Just checked your second screenshot and noticed that after login into SFTP user it seems like its landing into wrong location, there must be some particular location been given in question I think.

HI @Inderpreet

My 3rd screenshot has the content of the sshd_config with the configuration of the chroot directory pointing to /var/www/webdata and the output of the getent shows the user was configured with shell /bin/false.
The task is marked as failed because “user was able to login through ssh and not able do make sftp connection” both 1st and 2nd screenshot shows that it is not true and the user was able to login through sftp and not through ssh

@Inderpreet, Do you have chance to check this?

@wfranca the error messages are generic in some cases, so when it checked SFTP maybe it was able to login but since it landed to wrong location so that is the reason it failed.