Virtual machine

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine centos .

Failed to get device handle and/or partition ID for 00000000019a3030 (hPartitionDevice=0000000000000cd5, Last=0xc0000002/1) (VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ConsoleWrap
Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

I am receiving this error when starting a virtual machine centos I have installed virtual box on windows os

This error happens because a Windows service that uses Microsoft Hyper-V is enabled. Hyper-V is blocking Virtualbox on your host. (Some Windows hosts seem to allow Hyper-V and Virtualbox to coexist for some small range of VM types, but yours appears to not be one of the blessed.)

To turn Hyper-V off completely, do this:

1. Shut down all programs. You will have to shut down, unplug, and restart your host.

2. Look into I have a 64bit host, but can’t install 64bit guests, 2nd post, points 2 & 3 and ensure that none of these things are running:
    DeviceGuard
    CredentialGuard
    Windows Defender’s Core Isolation

3. Find the Command Prompt icon, right click it and choose Run As Administrator.

4. Enter this command:

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off

Some report this command was needed also:

DISM /Online /Disable-Feature:Microsoft-Hyper-V

1. Enter this command:

shutdown -s -t 2

1. When the computer turns off, unplug it for 20 seconds. Then plug it in again and boot up Windows 10.

Your Virtualbox should be running now.

Ref:
https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=97412

1 Like

Omg I can’t believe with only this command it worked bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
I was stuck for many hours and I never thought there is support for these courses Feeling super excited to continue with the rest of the learning. Thank you sir.