@Vijin Palazhi in ImagePolicyWEbhook lab, why are we supposed to configure the t . . .

wahlberg:
@Vijin Palazhi in ImagePolicyWEbhook lab, why are we supposed to configure the targetport (instead of the service port) in the admission_kube_config.yaml ? I dont understand. In order for a pod to access a service we are supposed to configure that pod with the service port (not the target port backing that service?)

Vijin Palazhi:
Let me have a look at it now…

You are correct it should only be the service port that has to be configured in the kubeconfog of the admission controller.

Sorry about that , if it’s mentioned incorrectly I will update it now

wahlberg:
No worries. It is mentioned incorrectly both in the solutions but also in the admission_kubeconfig file as well. Plus I think there is another issue in the lab where there is a task in which we are supposed to create a Validating Admission Webhook which I do not think we need to… Please see my other message below in the new thread.

wahlberg:
Basically I couldnt make the lab work in either case. Will look into it later.

Vijin Palazhi:
ok - checking.

Vijin Palazhi:
This has been fixed. Thanks for reporting.

Vijin Palazhi:
we do not need to configure the validating admission webhook , that is yet another way to enforce policies before a pod is created.

In this lab we are only focused on the ImagePolicyWebhook admission controller. I have updated the lab.