Troubleshoot Deployment issues in Kubernetes Failed

@Inderpreet @kodekloud-support3 @rahul456 I’ve performed the task as per instructions. I’m able to get the end result i.e. deployment is running successfully. I don’t know how you’re verifying the results. After clicking the “Finish” button the Task is showing as failed.

Deployment is running fine.

hi @Lalit , sorry for the issue, this is marked as pending for you, please give it an another try.

@rahul456 @kodekloud-support3 @Inderpreet
This time when I deployed the yaml file, Pod was showing in pending state.

*why pod was in pending state? *
Reason: As master node’s hostname is different (controlplane in my case), POD was unable to schedule because it didn’t find the matching node for schedule.

I edited the deployment definition file again and applied the change. Now everything is working fine. You can see the below screenshot.

But again the task is marked as failed.

If master node’s hostname is “controlplane” why should I define nodeSelector field value as ‘master’ ?

nodeSelector in my yaml file:

nodeSelector:
      kubernetes.io/hostname: controlplane
    tolerations:
    - effect: NoSchedule
      key: node-role.kubernetes.io/master
      operator: Exists

@Inderpreet @rahul456 @kodekloud-support3 The issue is resolved now… but I didn’t get any new task for today. Kindly check.

@Lalit You will be assigned a new task after 24 hours from your previously completed/failed task.

@Inderpreet @rahul456 @kodekloud-support3
I had similar issue and was not able to complete the task successfully. the instruction says not to change nodeSelector to controlplane but master does not match the hostname. Please check.

@Sam, can you please share your KKE user details ?

[email protected]
I’ve not been assigned another task since failing the task also.

@Sam, sorry for the issue, this is marked success for you.

Thanks @rahul456, but i still haven’t received new task for 3 days now.