Topic: Demo - Install VirtualBox on MacOS

Team,

I am getting the error when I try to install VirtualBox on MacOS and start. Please refer to the attachment.

Hi @krishnavyas.m

You can do the following and try again:

• Restart your machine and enter Recovery Mode (Press and hold ⌘-R on reboot.)

• Open the Terminal.

• Type the following: spctl kext-consent add VB5E2TV963

• Press Enter.

• Restart your machine.

Hi
Having same issue. I did as instructed per this post but still unable to start my VirtualBox

• Restart your machine and enter Recovery Mode (Press and hold ⌘-R on reboot.)

• Open the Terminal.

• Type the following: spctl kext-consent add VB5E2TV963

• Press Enter.

• Restart your machine.

Did anyone encounter this issue recently? I’m on macOS Big Sur 11.0.1

Please uninstall and reinstall the latest version of the Virtualbox from the link below and try again:

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Yes, I did it two time before and just now did it for the third time to confirm. didn’t fix anything. same issue.

@volodymyr. You need allow permission to run the oracle box in security settings. I have faced this issue. Refer: https://www.howtogeek.com/658047/how-to-fix-virtualboxs-“kernel-driver-not-installed-rc-1908-error/

Thank you but that not the case. I did gave the permissions - otherwise i wouldn’t be able to install it. I think it has to do something with a new OS update (Big Sur) that i recently updated too. I just tried to install it on my wife’s laptop that is still on Catalina and it works fine.

Found solution to my issue here Big Sur Host Issues - Page 7 - virtualbox.org

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 7.52.46 PM

Even mine was BigSur. You missed the not in the above link i have sent
Note: This option is available only for roughly 30 minutes after a fresh install of VirtualBox. If this message does not appear, uninstall VirtualBox by opening your “Applications” folder and then dragging the VirtualBox app to the Trash. Remove any leftover files, reinstall a fresh copy of VirtualBox, and immediately open the Security & Privacy menu to see this option.

And yeah reinstall works.

1 Like