Thanks @Mumshad Mannambeth and the KodeKloud team! I passed the CKAD on my first try thanks (mostly) to your excellent course!
My tips for the exam:
- Read the questions VERY CAREFULLY. I didn’t properly read a few of them and I didn’t set the context properly. Later, I had to go back and, luckily, I realized that I had not done this.
- All you truly need to do is pass the lightning exams, be able to navigate the documentation, and be good with the imperative commands – which means practice, practice, practice! If you want to understand K8s more deeply, maybe buy a book, but the provided course on the KodeKloud platform is enough.
- If you are not good with Linux, I recommend brushing up on I/O (>, >>, |, etc.), and basic Linux commands (cat, mv, cp, etc.) . As they can save time if you need to redirect output to a provided file.
- Skip questions you don’t know, and flag them to come back to later. Get through the exam as fast as you can, then go back and spend time on those questions you had trouble on.
- I left some questions unanswered because I’m just not good at certain things in K8s. With that being said, some of those questions had low weight (2-3%). So I left them in favor of heavier-weighted questions (5-8%).
Good luck, all! Next, CKA!