@Tej_Singh_Rana @Mohamed Ayman , Need help with Troubleshooting Networking Prac . .

V S Charan kumar Reddy Bakka:
@Tej_Singh_Rana @Mohamed Ayman , Need help with Troubleshooting Networking Practic etest…Q2…AFter chagding the path and re-creating kube-proxy pods…i see below error:

controlplane $ kubectl logs -f -n kube-system kube-proxy-l67l7
F0501 14:53:29.463179 1 server.go:490] failed complete: failed to decode: no kind “Config” is registered for version “v1” in scheme “http://k8s.io/kubernetes/pkg/proxy/apis/config/scheme/scheme.go:29|k8s.io/kubernetes/pkg/proxy/apis/config/scheme/scheme.go:29
controlplane $ kubectl logs -f -n kube-system kube-proxy-j5ndb
F0501 14:54:44.949247 1 server.go:490] failed complete: failed to decode: no kind “Config” is registered for version “v1” in scheme “http://k8s.io/kubernetes/pkg/proxy/apis/config/scheme/scheme.go:29|k8s.io/kubernetes/pkg/proxy/apis/config/scheme/scheme.go:29

Can you help with this?

Mohamed Ayman:
Please try again using those steps,

1. Check the logs of the kube-proxy pods
    kubectl -n kube-system logs <name_of_the_kube_proxy_pod>
  2. The configuration file /var/lib/kube-proxy/configuration.conf is not valid. The configuration path does not match the data in the ConfigMap.
    kubectl -n kube-system describe configmap kube-proxy shows that the file name used is config.conf which is mounted in the kube-proxy daemonset pods at the path /var/lib/kube-proxy/config.conf
  3. However in the DaemonSet for kube-proxy, the command used to start the kube-proxy pod makes use of the path /var/lib/kube-proxy/configuration.conf.
    Correct this path to /var/lib/kube-proxy/config.conf as per the ConfigMap and recreate the kube-proxy pods.
    This should get the kube-proxy pods back in a running state.

I still face the same error as well please advise

controlplane $ kubectl logs -n kube-system kube-proxy-g675h 
F0514 20:21:36.897793       1 server.go:490] failed complete: failed to decode: no kind "Config" is registered for version "v1" in scheme "k8s.io/kubernetes/pkg/proxy/apis/config/scheme/scheme.go:29"

please find below a similar issue where the supplied config file was not relevant to the kube-proxy

Hi all

I managed to pull it of
I repeated the exercise and checked the parameters and apparently the below parameter was configured in the daemon set which is mentioned in the answer guide

/var/answers/answer2.md 

--config=/var/lib/kube-proxy/config.conf

so I assume that you did the same mistake I did and used the one mentioned in the configMap

/var/lib/kube-proxy/kubeconfig.conf

Perfect thanks. It did work.
Query: why we need to use config.conf where configMap file name = kubeconfig.conf

Where is the mapping

The volume is mounting the configmap kube-proxy. Each attribute of this configumap is mounted as a file in the directory. So the attribute config.conf is mounted as a file called config.conf

Hey Guys,

May I know how you end up with the real path. I could not find the folder “kube-proxy” under /var/lib .

I am not able to enter the container kube-proxy via kubectl exec command as well .

Any idea how to check the path ?

Hi @Aravind-C ,
What kind of issue are you seeing?