Task 4 : Disable root login

Hello,

I Have an issue with task 4. I disabled root login, use Permitrootlogin with no. But had this error :

root login is not disabled on App Server 1
root login is not disabled on App Server 2
root login is not disabled on App Server 3

Regards,
Denis

Hi Denis,

Its case sensitive PermitRootLogin no

Hello @kodekloud-support3, i writted with the upper case. I only uncommented the line and set to no.

Is there a bug with this task ?

1 Like

I am also facing the same issue though followed all correct steps but failed.

I had a failure on stapp01 even though I set it exactly the same for stapp02 and stapp03

Hi!

I uncomment PermitRootLogin and change value to “no” and get failed in this task!!! Really? What else I must do?

1 Like

Hi Denden,

We just reviewed your answer and found that you missed to restart sshd service hence your answer was marked as failed.

Thanks
Inderpreet

Hi Jdev,

We just reviewed your answer and also as per screenshot you shared, we found that on App Server 1 you have made the required changes in ssh_config file instead of sshd_config file. Hence your answer was marked as failed.

Thanks
Inderpreet

Hello,

Could you please share your email ID, we will review your answer from our end to identify the root cause of failure.

Thanks
Inderpreet

Got it, Thanks, i will correct it next time around.

@Inderpreet
I too had a failure on stapp01 even though I set it exactly the same for stapp02 and stapp03
[email protected] is my mail id. please verify once

Hello,
I’m facing the same issue. I’ve done the same task and keep getting root login not disabled on App1. I’ve followed the right instructions.

Hi @Wendo-Kingoo,
Have you got a chance to share your work under the “Review” section?

Regards,

Also, please share your KKE username.

Hi @Wendo-Kingoo,
I am seeing the task is in pending state. Can you please give it another try? Make sure you remove the hash (#) before the line and then restart the SSH service.

Regards,

@Tej-Singh-Rana

I’ve done it twice again. I’m still getting the same error.You can look through the screenshot with the output.

Did you restart the sshd service?

yes i restarted the sshd service

Hi @Wendo-Kingoo,
I watched your work and I followed the same steps and completed the task.
You may have forgotten to restart the sshd service on app server1.

I had to restart all the app servers using different terminals. It works, thank you.

1 Like