Task 19 - NFS Troubleshooting

Hi Team,

I tried to complete the NFS task but I couldn’t make progress from the below error. Check on multiple options but nothing is working for me. I’m completely new to storage. Can someone help me with suggestions on how to proceed further from here.

Tried to add the ip and mount point given in the storage server on /etc/exports and tried restarting the services but i see connectivity between storage on destination app server is not happening.

Check the /etc/hosts and i see the entires are fine for all the servers

How to fix this failed to resolve issue.

root@ststor01 ~]# exportfs -r
exportfs: No options for /data 172.16.238.11,172.16.238.12,: suggest 172.16.238.11,172.16.238.12,(sync) to avoid warningexportfs: Failed to resolve 172.16.238.11,172.16.238.12,exportfs: Failed to resolve 172.16.238.11,172.16.238.12,exportfs: /data does not support NFS export[root@ststor01 ~]#

Any insights/tips to get this fix will be very helpful

Thanks,

@shakthiprakash28 It seems you have only done server part configuration only. How about installing nfs package on each client, doing required configurations on each client then doing the mounting.

Once this is done create file file in the client machine directory which is mapped to sever shared directory & you will see the result.

Thanks,
Pradip

I got the above as error details, but i configured the system as requested in the question, can anyone please check my submission manually to find the cause of this issue.

Hello, @mukeshkrishna
Can you tell us more details so community members will help you? With the error message, we can’t help it anymore.