Should we use alias to save time ? Also can we use kubectl delete pod <podnam . . .

I M:
Should we use alias to save time ? Also can we use kubectl delete pod <podname> – force --grace-period=0 ? To remove pod directly cause it takes a while to delete pod if not done forcefully . Will it have any impact later?

chris resnik:
yes, use aliases if possible

chris resnik:
most common one is alias k=kubectl

chris resnik:
but you could use aliases like kc=“kubectl create”

chris resnik:
the important part is: don’t try this the day before the exam!

chris resnik:
you need to practice a lot to be fluent in the command line usage

chris resnik:
also, remove pods with --force is ok

chris resnik:
no aftereffects

I M:
Thanks for quick reply appreciate

I M:
Another quick question –
For version upgrade using kubeadm , it will take some time to fetch and install .
For such questions, what should be done to utilize our time when the console is busy during exam ?

chris resnik:
don’t know…. re-read the question, make sure you get context, namespace, question content right, maybe?

I M:
Ok thanks and do we have to set alias in all console or setting alias once will be enough ?

unnivkn:
set alias once is fine for your current session for all the questions. in case if you ssh to any other node (say ssh master) & like to use alias, you have to set alias there as well.

unnivkn:
To answer your other question, version upgrade, in general it won’t take much time. More over if you like, you can plan this to answer at the end.