Setup Puppet Certs | Puppetserver in failed state

Hello Community,

I got puppetserver in failed state in this task. I tried to troubleshot it but i am unable to do.
There is nothing mentioned about the status of puppet server failed status in the descri[tion of the task. I tried to restart this task many times but everytime puppetserver is in failed state. What to do. these are the logs

#######################

● puppetserver.service - puppetserver Service
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/puppetserver.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Sun 2021-10-10 03:37:22 UTC; 38s ago
Process: 608 ExecStart=/opt/puppetlabs/server/apps/puppetserver/bin/puppetserver start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Oct 10 03:37:22 jump_host.stratos.xfusioncorp.com systemd[1]: Failed to start puppetserver Service.
Oct 10 03:37:22 jump_host.stratos.xfusioncorp.com systemd[1]: Failed to start puppetserver Service.

############################

root@jump_host ~# journalctl -xe | grep puppetserver
Oct 10 03:37:19 jump_host.stratos.xfusioncorp.com puppetserver[576]: /usr/bin/install: cannot change owner and permissions of ‘/opt/puppetlabs/server/data/puppetserver’: Operation not permitted
Oct 10 03:37:19 jump_host.stratos.xfusioncorp.com puppetserver[576]: Unable to create or set permissions for restart file at /opt/puppetlabs/server/data/puppetserver
Oct 10 03:37:19 jump_host.stratos.xfusioncorp.com systemd[1]: Failed to start puppetserver Service.
– Subject: Unit puppetserver.service has failed
– Unit puppetserver.service has failed.
Oct 10 03:37:20 jump_host.stratos.xfusioncorp.com puppetserver[584]: /usr/bin/install: cannot change owner and permissions of ‘/opt/puppetlabs/server/data/puppetserver’: Operation not permitted
Oct 10 03:37:20 jump_host.stratos.xfusioncorp.com puppetserver[584]: Unable to create or set permissions for restart file at /opt/puppetlabs/server/data/puppetserver
Oct 10 03:37:20 jump_host.stratos.xfusioncorp.com systemd[1]: Failed to start puppetserver Service.
Oct 10 03:37:20 jump_host.stratos.xfusioncorp.com puppetserver[592]: /usr/bin/install: cannot change owner and permissions of ‘/opt/puppetlabs/server/data/puppetserver’: Operation not permitted
Oct 10 03:37:20 jump_host.stratos.xfusioncorp.com puppetserver[592]: Unable to create or set permissions for restart file at /opt/puppetlabs/server/data/puppetserver
Oct 10 03:37:20 jump_host.stratos.xfusioncorp.com systemd[1]: Failed to start puppetserver Service.
Oct 10 03:37:21 jump_host.stratos.xfusioncorp.com puppetserver[600]: /usr/bin/install: cannot change owner and permissions of ‘/opt/puppetlabs/server/data/puppetserver’: Operation not permitted
Oct 10 03:37:21 jump_host.stratos.xfusioncorp.com puppetserver[600]: Unable to create or set permissions for restart file at /opt/puppetlabs/server/data/puppetserver
Oct 10 03:37:21 jump_host.stratos.xfusioncorp.com systemd[1]: Failed to start puppetserver Service.

@Ayman @mmumshad

Guys please help me on this… my task is gonna expire tomorrow morning.

@kodekloud_JP @Ayman

Hello Team,

@Ayman @mmumshad @Inderpreet

I have been also assigned two tasks related to puppet:

1. Puppet Manage Services (I had to skip the task)
  2. Puppet String Manipulation (currently assigned)

I am also seeing the same issue as mentioned above by @Ravindra041. Due to this
# puppet agent -tv command is also not working.

Kindly, do the needful ASAP. We have to unnecessary skip the task due to this.

@Ayman @mmumshad
I had been same problem

Hello Community,

Again I got a task related to Puppet and Puppetserver service is again in failed state.
What to do in this case.

@Ayman @mmumshad

Hi folks, we are looking into it, and we will let you know once its resolved.

Hello @anymosvng @Ravindra041
cc: @rahul456

PuppetServer issue seems to be resolved. I have checked just now and I am able to complete my assigned task “Puppet String Manipulation” successfully. I tried just 10 mins before.

Kindly, check for your tasks as well.

Thanks,

Chinmay

@pandyacr, yes this is fixed now