*Problem:* Hi, Lets say there is a cluster of 1 master node and 2 worker node. O . . .

Abhishek:
Problem:
Hi, Lets say there is a cluster of 1 master node and 2 worker node.
Out of these, 1 worker node is in ‘NotReady’ state and I need to make sure that this worker node comes back in a Ready state.

Investigation:
When I checked the logs of kubelet using ‘journalctl -u kubelet -f’, found this exception:
failed to load kubelet config file /var/lib/kubelet/config.yaml
However I couldn’t fix the problem as the above file was present in the node with all proper details. Also /etc/kubernetes/kubelet.conf was correct.
Anyone has any idea what could be the problem?

Rupali Kadam:
SSH that worker node and see kubelet status

Rupali Kadam:
It’s failing to load kubelet config file try to restart kubelet from worker node

Ninad Desai:
Yes …also check if service is in enabled state or not and if not then systemctl enable kubelet.service and then start service

Abhishek:
yeah so i tried this command to check kubelet status… “service kubelet status” and its not giving anything. Even tried to start using ‘service kubelet start’ and still nothing.

Abhishek:
should i use “systemctl status kubelet” instead of the command i’ve been using…in my view both commands are the same.

Ninad Desai:
Ideally both commands does same job . Check on which port number its trying to contact kubeapi service in config file …default port is 6443

Abhishek:
yes port defined is fine

Abhishek:
do i need to run this command “stemctl enable kubelet.service” ?

Ninad Desai:
1)first run systemctl status kubelet.service and then see if service is disabled
2)If disabled then enable by running : stemctl enable kubelet.service
3) systemctl daemon-reload
4)stemctl restart kubelet.service

Abhishek:
thanks