Passed CKA & DCA

Hello community, I passed the DCA and CKA exam recently. Thank you @mmumshad for explaining complex container / orchestration concepts in a manner that is easy to understand. Thanks for the practice labs and confidence building mock exams. Thanks @vijin.palazhi for the solution videos.
Actually thanks for KodeKloud and all the courses.

Thanks
Fatima

That’s amazing. @fatima Congratulations. :partying_face: :partying_face:
Please share your exam experience like exam difficulty level, any new changes etc… So it will help other community members.

Thanks @Tej-Singh-Rana. Sure will love to share the experience. So for members wanting to get certified with any or both these certifications -
For the DCA exam you get 90 min for 55 questions. 15 are multiple choice. The rest are DOMC (Discrete Option Multiple Choice) format. Preparing for the DCA, studied from the KodeKloud course and official documentaion. - did the practice and mock exams. The solution videos by Yogesh Raheja was very helpful, especially the Docker Enterprise part. Those members targeting DCA exam - read the documentation and practice the labs/mocks. This way you will be able to score 100% in the 15 multiple choice question. For all the questions but especially the DMOC format 40 questions - READ THE QUESTION CAREFULLY, before answering, since you cannot go back and review.

For CKA - 120 mins for 17-20 questions. Again for preparing used KodeKloud and official documentation. While studying itself, bookmarked the topics. Did the practice and mock first with the book marks, then without. If you can solve the questions without relying too much on the documentation - you are ready to take the test. This is how I knew I was ready to test. Did the mock exams and practice many times - Each time improving the time taken to test. At the end I was able to complete the mocks in 30-32 minutes with a 100% score. Also I would add even though the exam allows documentation, prepare as if documentation is not allowed.
Few pointers would be

1. Making your own bookmarks - so you know where to look if at all you need help
  2. Understand the concepts / fundamentals, then any question asked in any manner will be solvable.
  3. Practice, Practice, Practice.
  4. Use alias, I used alias but only for the very frequently used commands
  5. Answer all the questions - I answered in the order the questions was presented, spent a minute reading, understanding and deciding if it is doable, glanced at the weightage and then answered or moved on to come back later to attempt. I missed one.
  6. Make sure you get it right the first time, take two seconds to check. I did not have time to come back and review.
  7. There are no tricks or gotcha questions. Questions are straigth forward.

Hope this helps. Good Luck to all those preparing to taking the tests.

Thanks
Fatima

1 Like

@fatima,
Thank you for such a detailed description of your preparation for these exams, especially your comments for the cka, such as feeling that you were ready, when you didn’t rely too much on documentation, your time to complete the mock exams, and your mock exam score.

Quantitative measurements like these are really helpful for other students to gauge their readiness for the cka exam as well. Your comments are quite helpful.

Thanks again,
Brian

@fatima. i am preparing the dca exam with the course from kodecloud. I bought some dump on udemy, but the questions in udemy’s dump are harder then the questions in kodecloud mock exam. So my question is : is the kodecloud mock exam and course enought to get certified.