Need help. No matter what I have done, I backup and restore etcd but the pod is . . .

Mayur Sharma:
@Bryan Tanoue I update only hostPath under volumes only and it came running after 1-2 minutes

Bryan Tanoue:
@Mayur Sharma just the host path with etcd-data correct. That is the only line you need to change here?

Bryan Tanoue:

path: /var/lib/etcd/my-backup

Mayur Sharma:
@Bryan Tanoue Yes

Bryan Tanoue:
Also, I appreciate you helping me. My CKA is tomorrow and I thought I had this down.

Mayur Sharma:
sure, you will rock :slightly_smiling_face:

Bryan Tanoue:
To me, this seems like easy points. So I wanted to make sure I had it and for what I can tell they ask you to backup or backup and restore.

SaidBen:
@Bryan Tanoue did you run thru killer.sh? if yes how hard was it if you compare it to the mock exams?

Bryan Tanoue:
Good question. Yes, I did killer.sh earlier this week and did terrible. I’ll be honest. I thought I knew everything because I was going great on all kodecloud labs. But this was different and you had to do just so much more. I highly suggest you use the free killer.sh with the purchase of your CKA. It got me used to how the CKA environment is setup and after I tried it again I did way better. Also, you can reset the environment as many times as you want during the 36 hours.

Bryan Tanoue:
Even the second time, even though I scored High, I still didn’t have enough time to finish it. But I’m up to the point where I just want to get this over with and take CKA.