@Mumshad Mannambeth from your estimation, how well would I need to know other te . . .

Masakela Layrock:
@Mumshad Mannambeth from your estimation, how well would I need to know other technologies to land a job as a kubernetes admin. That is how well would I have know docker or something like terraform?

Mani:
I have the same doubt as well, Also not sure what kind of infra most of the companies prefer for production… will it be self-managed or hosted(EKS,AKS or GKE)? If it’s hosted which one i should i go for.

Oliver Radwell:
I’d say it’s worth having some basic knowledge of cluster creation on each cloud platform. you’re likely to need some generic system admin knowledge

Mumshad Mannambeth:
I agree with @Oliver Radwell! I’d recommend getting really good at Linux, System Administration as a pre-requisite. Target to achieve the 3 Kubernetes certifications. Plan on learning other tools in the CNCF eco system such as Docker (or any other container runtime), HELM, ISTIO. These are important. Provisioning automation tools like Terraform, Ansible are good to have. Some knowledge of scripting and automation with Python would be a great value add. Wish you all the best!

Mani:
Thank you @Oliver Radwell and @Mumshad Mannambeth