Message of the day(MOTD)

Hi Guys

I was stuck in this question for while…as per my understanding…qn is to change motd content in all app servers(app01,app02,app03) and DB server.

I tried to copy the file from jump_host to DB server using SCP and jump_host to app01 server(Pic reference)
ps: why can’t I able to ssh to app01,02,03 from DB server and ssh back to jump_host from any server (Please help me understand the basic qn )

Hello, @dineshkumar14
Because tony user cannot direct copy files into the /home directory. Try to copy into /tmp/ directory.

Why can’t I able to ssh to app01,02,03 from DB server and ssh back to jump_host from any server?

Hi Dinesh,
There might be due to firewall level restriction and network team might allowed certain ports which applications connecting to database . you can connectivity using telnet between app and DB.
usage : telenet

Hi,

I have faced the same issue.I was able to ssh to app server ,but not able to ssh into db server ,getting error message like " scp command not found.
I just login into db server and install scp utilities :slight_smile:
sudo yum install -y openssh-clients openssh.

it works for me.
And during scp to app server(remote server) ,first copy into /tmp folder ,then login into respective server and copy tha banner file to /etc/motd ,it will work.

Regards