Linux user with non-interactive shell-task

thor password provided in the documentation is not working

It should work. I normally use the password provided from the wiki/documentation.

Can anyone tell me where is the Documentation?

https://kodekloudhub.github.io/kodekloud-engineer/docs/projects/nautilus

Same thing here

But as per my understanding, you wrote wrong /usr/sbin/nologin instead of /sbin/nologin.

Yes, I did write that, but not mistakenly. I did it on purpose because I know that RHEL based distros (such the kodecloud containers) link the /sbin to usr/sbin. So although the path is different, the program itself is the same and has the same functionality, that is also why I cannot su - to the user (I checked before submitting the task). In the new screenshot below you can see both the link I mention, the inode, that shows it is the same file on the disk and the fact that it has the same functionality in a Centos 7 VM.

To summarize, I think the validation should be based on the result and not how it got there. If that is too difficult or out-of-scope, then at least give a hint about not using the /usr/… path.

1 Like

That is correct. Looks likes a technical error. @Inderpreet @Ayman @kodekloud-support3 Can we get confirmation that this is being looked at? Is the expectation to use /sbin/nologin and not /usr/sbin/nologin ?

I am facing the same problem,
I have logged in as a user in appo3 but while logging as root to create user, it is asking for root password, what should I fill

Hello, @hisham.albeik
You can check the already assigned shell in the /etc/passwd. Which is valid or not.

Hello, @Vikrant
What steps did you follow to ssh to app03 server?
You can try below command:
ssh banner@stapp03

For the correct password, check the below documentation.

Hello @Tej-Singh-Rana, thanks for replying. Please see the screenshot. I am entering the password " BiGgr33n" as per the document.is there something else I am supposed to enter.

Strange. Did you try sudo -i?

I’m aware of that. But that is not the concern. The concern is that even though a non-interactive shell was definitely created (even checked through login attempts). The method to achieve it was not what the “script” that checks expected (/usr/sbin/nologin vs /sbin/nologin). Either the script should check that the user does indeed have a non-interactive shell, or the question needs to be specific as to which executable should be used to achieve the desired result.

thanks @Tej-Singh-Rana, it worked :slight_smile:

go through video to understand where you made mistake

1 Like

In your video @1.55 what password did you entered ?..because i am facing issues it says " Authentication failure "…

hello, I am facing this issue please help me … I have used a password “Ir0nM@n” for authentication …unfortunately I am stuck with an authentication failure

Hi @manunair270

Ir0nM@n password is for user tony to test login for user kareem try su command with sudo.

1 Like

hey, thanks
But unfortunately, it says " This account is currently not available".