Linux Resource Limits || task failed

Hi Team,

Please find the attachment. task failed and i have attached logs

Hi,

I just reviewed your answer and found that while making the final changes (using sudo) you had a typo for hard limit entry in the file , you mistakenly used user nfuser instead of nfsuser (notice the missing s).

I hope it clears your doubt.

Thanks
Inderpreet

Hi Inderpreet,

Yes , after that i changed it in a given time of 5 min. After that also it shows it was failed .kindly help.

Hi,

Please note that any changes made after clicking on finish button are not considered since answer is already saved. So even if you corrected the issues after that it wont make any difference. But anyways please take care of this for next tasks :slight_smile:

Thanks
Inderpreet

Hi Inderpreet,

I thought that I had done everything correctly but it failed. Did I miss something?

Thanks

i think after soft , it’s nproc not nrpoc. It’s a typo error. :frowning:
@GB1972

oh boy… that’s what happens when you rush :slight_smile:

thanks player001

I suggest to verify task after completion. In this case change to nfsuser and verify hard and soft limits.

Hi Andzej,

Yes, :slight_smile: I was rushing on to something else… and did not follow the cardinal rule… always check.

Thanks

Geoff

After change the soft limit =75 hard_limit =97 [root@ststor01 ~]# vi /etc/security/limits.conf. still values are not reflected. can some one help me in this issue how to solve this issue.

1 Like

just set the limit there and submit your task.

what is the password for nfsuser ?

sudo to this user…

Thanks for reply, i have completed this task without getting into nfsuser, but by just updating resource.limit file inside etc by adding nfsuser and their lumits for soft limit amd hard limit