Linux Archives Task failed

Task Linux Archives failed even though javed.tar.gz file was present in the /home directory.

command used to make the file: sudo tar -czvf /data/javed.tar.gz
file was moved to the /home directory with: sudo mv javed.tar.gz /home/
File was present in the directory after ls command was ran.

Please advise on what cause the task to fail.

Same issue: ravi.tar.gz is in /home and contains all original data. Please take a look.

Hi @kopcap,

i think you missed compression while archive “z”.

@JDev review your tar command. you made a tar.gz from the /home instead of /data/javed directory

Thanks @wfranca I will try again, once the task is available.

Yep, you’re right, but in the task it’s not said that it should be compressed:)

@kopcap

.gz itself means gzip compression, otherwise normal tar archive is not compressed by default. For example there is a difference between file.tar and file.tar.gz.

2 Likes

Got it! Thanks for clarification)

tar czf jim.tar.gz jim/

1. c – Create an archive from a file(s) or directory(s).
  2. x – Extract an archive.
  3. r – Append files to the end of an archive.
  4. t – List the contents of the archive.
  5. f_ Refers the file name
    6.z_ Flag to compress the archive using gzip compression method
2 Likes

For troubleshooting/solution video refer to

@Inderpreet @Tej-Singh-Rana this user is doing affiliate marketing in this platform. please check all post he done this , please take action

@Inderpreet & @Tej-Singh-Rana
I make these videos to share knowledge with sole purpose of helping community. I have official communication from KrithikaB, customer educator, kodekloud accepting me to create solution videos and upload them on YouTube.

I don’t see you helping community by any comments or solution rather then just posting video. today you saying tomorrow some one else would come up. Also kodekloud team is capable to provide solutions rather then telling you to post video. Please don’t discourage people who want to learn them selves

In the excerise here to archive files from storage server, i am not able to see the data being present. Please let me know if anyone else faced it.

@Kishan i also experienced this as am not able to see the specified directory /data/ravi i the task. its just /data no other directory in /data and this was why i failed the task, please check this

@dorcas can some one from the KodeKloud team revert on this case… Seems like we need support for this

@mmumshad , seems like the task assigned cannot be completed as the environment lacks the data to perform task.

@mmumshad Seems everyone is facing the same issue. I am not able to find any directory with name of user under /data/. Please check below link for reference of this issue.

/Raki A

This issue should be fixed now, can you guys try again please. Let us know if issue still persists.