Install and configure tomcat : Failed task

Hello, I’ve complete the task mention couple of time following the below steps but I’m still marked as failed.
#install tomcat server
sudo yum install tomcat -y
sudo yum install tomcat-webapps tomcat-admin-webapps tomcat-docs-webapp tomcat-javadoc -y
#open server.xml to update port
sudo vi /etc/tomcat/server.xml
#copy the war file, navigate back to jump server
scp /tmp/ROOT.war banner@stapp03:/tmp
#use the below command to finish
sudo cp /tmp/ROOT.war /usr/share/tomcat/webapps
sudo systemctl restart tomcat
sudo systemctl restart tomcat

Below the message returned each time.
Unexpected exit code 1 for CommandResult(command=‘uname -s’, exit_status=1, stdout=None, stderr=‘Error: No such container: stapp0{{HOST_COUNT}}\n’)

I test using curl - 172.16.238.12:6400 and it return what I believe to be the website.
I’ve tried this task several time now.

2 Likes

Did you start a review? In case not, do so and post the link here so we can watch a replay of your actions.

@Inderpreet @mmumshad Even I have got the same issue. Could you please advise what went wrong ? Posting the task review link below.

I have the same problem, follow my task review:

I also have the same issue.

Here is the link. Thanks

Admin,
Can you please support/advise here?
I requested a review, tried the task again and still the task is marked as failed.
Below the message:
Unexpected exit code 1 for CommandResult(command=‘uname -s’, exit_status=1, stdout=None, stderr=‘Error: No such container: stapp0{{HOST_COUNT}}\n’)

Also below a screenshot of my history, that shows the steps I followed.

I requested another review and I’m adding the link here for review.

Please advise.
Best regards,

Hello Folks,

Apologies for this issue, we are trying to fix this issue. Once fixed we will update you and will mark this task as success or pending for you to try again.

This is fixed now, please let us know if you still see any issues with this lab.

Inderpreet,
Shouldn’t the task be marked as completed for me and the points assigned?

I’ve gone through the task at least 4 times in the past few days thinking I was doing something wrong

@Inderpreet For me it is still showing under review, should I wait for the status to change to success or pending automatically or just re-attempt it ?

I also have the same question as @subhajit.2.saha, please let us know what to do @Inderpreet

Thanks.

I have the same issue . I did all steps but it failed .

@Inderpreet Can you please make it pending for me again .

Hi @Inderpreet, can you make the task pending for me? It is marked as Failed…

@Inderpreet @mmumshad
I tried this again and failed but hte port is correctly confugured and tomcat is rnning successfully as show in the snap . I can opne the URL from terminal on port 80 .

@Inderpreet
My result is how it failed. But I did everything correctly, could you check and assign the correct score?

Go through below link you will self get to know where you made mistake Install and Configure Tomcat Server KodeKloud Engineer Task Success