Install and configure SFTP failed, please help

Hi @Tej-Singh-Rana @akshayyw @Inderpreet or anyone, guys I believe I have done this task properly, still it failed.Please take a look at the screenshot.The Subsystem sftp internal-sftp line is commented out, as it throws job for sshd.service failed error.I restarted the sshd.service after that line was commented out and everything was working as expected.I was able to sftp and unable to do ssh as per question and the screenshot confirms this.where I went wrong?any help is much appreciated.Thanks.

Regards
Nidhin

Because you commented this “Subsystem sftp internal-sftp” and “Subsystem sftp /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server” is not commented.

Hi @player001 thanks for your prompt response.Do you mean, if i comment this “Subsystem sftp internal-sftp” line I need to comment "Subsystem sftp /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server” line as well? or uncomment both lines? do i need to include “Subsystem sftp internal-sftp” line at all? please, clarify.The reason why I commented "Subsystem sftp internal-sftp” line was, the sshd service doesn’t start and throws an error.after commenting out, I was able to restart sshd service and I was able to do Sftp, but unable to do ssh as per question and screenshot confirms this.Thanks.

@nidhincn you have to use Subsystem sftp internal-sftp instead of Subsystem sftp /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server
so you have to comment the last one and let the first one

1 Like

Thanks @Goldenor for the reply.I will try that way if i get the same task next time.your help is much appreciated.

1 Like