Ingress controller is in ingress space.. ingress resource ,wear and video servic . . .

Anil:
Ingress controller is in ingress space… ingress resource ,wear and video services are in app-space … how will ingress controller talk to ingress resource on other namespaces ? Did I miss anything ?

Fernando Jimenez:
There are three components. The implementation of the ingress controller. That’s a pod or more in one namespace dedicated for it. Then, there is the ingress object you do with the yaml file. That’s bound to the namespace where the app is deployed. And there’s the declaration of the backend with the service that has the endpoints for the pods.

Madhan Kumar:

Anil:
@Fernando Jimenez @Madhan Kumar thanks very much … this looks like a magic… how is it possible.? Is it k8s networking in play ? What is the bridge between controller namespace and other namespace ?

Madhan Kumar:
I think the ingress controller watches over all the namespaces and configures it accordingly if it finds an ingress resource in that namespace . not exactly sure , and i dont really care to know :slightly_smiling_face: … that is just going too deep on how each component works and understanding why it was designed this way …

Madhan Kumar:
Also networking in k8s is more of a cluster wide topic and not namespace specific . you can access any service from any namespace by using its fqdn .

Anil:
@Madhan Kumar Now it makes sense … ingress resource are local to namespace … and use just service name … ingress controller to ingress resource might be multi cast … so it will transparent what is getting in and out of ingress controller