In a production environment, is there usually one kubernetes cluster with differ . . .

Anuoluwapo Fatokun:
In a production environment, is there usually one kubernetes cluster with different namespaces for each environment/dept OR are there multiple clusters?

Vinod Kumar Nair:
It really depends on the architecture. More generally I can say different namespaces for different environments on the same cluster. Moreover, nowadays setting up of whole Kubernetes cluster manually is old fashion. Almost everyone uses managed Kubernetes services of public cloud as there is no overhead to manage the control plane and it is cheap and even this approach will be gone soon by the powerful serverless technology in the field of Kubernetes. Those are really cheap and in fact, we can have a mix and match of both serverless and VM-backed managed Kubernetes cluster

Anuoluwapo Fatokun:
@Vinod Kumar Nair Thanks for the contribution. I’m still very new to kubernetes world and currently preparing for my CKA. Could you point me to useful links to any open source tools for serverless Kubernestes.

Vinod Kumar Nair:
@Anuoluwapo Fatokun give CKA exam as it will give you a good knowledge on internal data flow of control plane components. Once CKA is cleared, have a read on this link https://medium.com/better-programming/serverless-kubernetes-cluster-on-aws-with-eks-on-fargate-a7545cf179be . It talks about serverless Kubernetes using AWS Fargate on EKS (using Fargate profile)