I'm not getting a clear idea of what a CONTEXT in the exam is, in the Lightning . . .

Edith Puclla:
I’m not getting a clear idea of what a CONTEXT in the exam is, in the Lightning for example, what would a CONTEXT be?

Navish Bahl:
A context essentially tells you which k8 cluster you are in. And within that cluster what’s your default namespace.

Navish Bahl:
See a snapshot of my notes on context below :point_down:

Navish Bahl:

Edith Puclla:
I see :slightly_smiling_face:
I was working with minikube but I didn’t create any other context.
But I saw that in GKE is possible too. Thank you @Navish Bahl

Fernando Jimenez:
I like to think of a context as a binding. You have a cluster and you have a user; a context is binding a cluster with a particular user.

Edith Puclla:
yes, like sessions, right. The resources of one session are not the same of the other session

unnivkn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZByl-a-eghc&t=513s

unnivkn:
context is using in this video at 8:34 . Please have a look

Edith Puclla:
yay, thank you @unnivkn :slightly_smiling_face:
Great video!

Tanumoy Ghosh:
Make sure you are running the context command before reading the question during exam to ensure you are answering in the right cluster and don’t worry about the context as the entire context command would be written on top of the questions, you need to copy and paste in terminal, that would be enough from exam perspective

Edith Puclla:
I see, if I would flagged a question I should back and change the context again there!
good advise @Tanumoy Ghosh

Tanumoy Ghosh:
Yes - make it a rule in your mind whenever you are reading a question for the first time or returning back to solve the remaining part you are running the context command first