I managed to get the CKS certification. All thanks to the wonderful course by @Mumshad Mannambeth and @Vijin Palazhi, and all the help from the wonderful people in this community. For those taking the CKS exam soon, may the Kubelet be with you.
Additional information for those taking the examination:
- They changed the interface slightly.
- Use syntax off in .vimrc if you use vim and do not like syntax coloring. I struggled with the colors, so I turned it off.
- Remember to sudo to root at the start as a lot of relevant files can only be read by root.
- As you need to make changes to various cluster configuration files, you might want to make a backup of the original first.
- A significant number of activities can only be performed in the master and worker nodes. Some questions give specific instructions but others might not be so explicit.
- Above all, stay calm! ( I struggled the first 5 minutes just to get used to the environment. )
- Good luck!