I have referred <https://docs.linuxfoundation.org/tc-docs/certification/tips-cka . . .

Dhawan Shringi:
I have referred https://docs.linuxfoundation.org/tc-docs/certification/tips-cka-and-ckad#cka-and-ckad-environment|this link for CKAD environment details however I am still confused about what would be the number of nodes and if I am using aliases and auto-complete, do I configure the same multiple times for each node?

Fernando Jimenez:
If it helps I know you do not need to be concerned about that list or any other list of nodes for the purpose of clearing the exam. That knowledge will be sort of irrelevant.
One of the reasons I decided not to dedicate time in aliases and auto-complete was that I noticed the amount of focus and worry we were placing on it, for the promise of avoiding some typing. I kept thinking, if you could not do it without the help of auto-completion you are in trouble, if you need to setup alias, you might be in trouble, so I did not focus on them.
No everyone thinks the same and not everything works for everyone but for me, it made sense not to spend my time and training on that.

Dhawan Shringi:
You’re quite true in saying this Fernando, I always use aliases on my local terminal and on one instance I couldn’t use alias while using a web terminal and performed very bad in the exercise w.r.t the timing.

Fernando Jimenez:
On top of what I said before, I did not know or wanted to know what kind of environment I would face. I wanted to be ready for any situation. What would happen if the environment will demand that I have to log in into different machines as the workstation, with its own kubectl client. I would have to spend time each time in setting the shell to accommodate for aliases and auto-completion. What if the system doesn’t easily allow me to do that? Too much focus on the wrong thing, I thought.

Dhawan Shringi:
That’s precisely what’s concerning me.

Edith Puclla:
I am using all these alias, when I am practicing on local machine, I memorized them.

alias k='kubectl'
alias krd='kubectl run --dry-run=client -o yaml' # then use it: krd --image=nginx &gt; pod.yaml
alias kdp='kubectl delete pod --force --grace-period=0'
alias kaf='kubectl apply -f'
alias kns='config set-context --current --namespace'

You are right, @Fernando Jimenez, if I have to do this each time that I set the context I prefer don’t do it because is time. I am not clear how the exam is but I am prepare to use these and don’t use it :pray::blush: