How to Install Kubernetes Client in local host

Hi @Ayman, @Inderpreet @mmumshad

Do you have any documents or links where may I find the details procedure to install kubernestes client in my local system and use virtual box host/aws ec2 as kubernetes cluster? So far I learned in the course is using Kubeadm tool in the same host.

Hi @ahmedkuet,

Kubeadm is a tool that allows you to Set up a Kubernetes cluster using virtual machines (cluster’s master and worker nodes) so you can use Virtualbox to create your machines.

Also in your local system, you can use a tool called Minikube, It runs a single-node Kubernetes cluster inside a Virtual Machine (VM).

To Install a Kubernetes cluster in AWS, you have many options, you can use KOps that helps you create, destroy, upgrade and maintain production-grade, highly available, Kubernetes clusters from the command line and you will have more control on your cluster’s masters so self-managed clusters managed by kops.

The second option is using Amazon EKS (Elastic Kubernetes Service) and It’s a fully-managed Kubernetes service that simplifies the creation of a secure and capable K8s environment on the Amazon Web Services platform and makes deploying clusters there that much easier.
You can use eksctl CLI tool for creating clusters on Amazon EKS, check the links below:

https://eksctl.io/introduction/

1 Like

Thank you @Ayman.

This details and information is enough to reach local to cloud. :+1: