How i save the edited yaml file on the lap

Dears,
What should I press to save what I have changed?
Plus, I need a lap solution for the Deployment part.

@hussam

you can exit the vi editor and save the changes using the : wq ( write and quit ) command .

Great thanks for your help @Lakshmi :slight_smile:

Hello hussam,
Regarding the lab, you can check the /var/answers path in the environment or the Hint under each question.

This is still an issue - can barely get to command mode as esc exits the window. Then need to type q or wq but only shows the hint suggesting qa! and typing either q or wq does nothing - the editor does not give a place to input any commands once in command mode.

Hi @jake.davidson210210,
Sorry for the problem. Can you please share the lab URL? I will check it.

Regards,

I see the exact same problem that jake.davidson210210 is talking about still. seems it doesn’t accept a q or wq command once pressing esc

lab url: Online Kubernetes Lab for Beginners | KodeKloud

Hi @kyle.p.shannon,

I already checked this and didn’t face any problems. You need to check if this is happening because of any browser extension.

Note that vimium extension is 100% incompatible with labs as it hijacks all the keys that vi needs to work. If you have it, you must disable it for labs.

Hi! If anyone is looking for this later and couldn’t figure it out, here’s the solution:

Hit “Insert” on your keyboard to start editing. There’s likely a better way but I couldn’t find it; “Insert” works every time.

When you need to save the yaml, simply hit “ESC” on your keyboard to leave the bloated file edit interface/fileview.
Then, you can type “:wq” to write the file a.k.a. save it, and then you can progress through the Task/Lab