Hiring: Senior DevOps Engineer w/Kubernetes Experience (Remote US-based)

Hi All,

I’m looking for someone to join my team at Riffyn and thought this would be a great place to share the job description at the bottom of this post (I hope to be posting another more junior role within the next week or two).

Riffyn has offices in Oakland, CA and Denver, CO (if you prefer to work from an office after the shelter-in-place orders have all lifted) but we’re all 100% remote for the time being and this role is open to permanent remote employees who are authorized to work in, and based in, the US.

Riffyn is a science-based startup with clients in the biotech and pharma industries. I’ve been working with Riffyn for the last 4 months and have been very happy with the company culture and management team - please feel free to direct message me if you’d like to discuss the role further before applying…

This is a senior role (we’d like to see 10+ years of experience with System Administration/DevOps, Build, Infrastructure, or Platform Engineering with a focus on cloud technologies) with on-call rotation responsibilities. We’re looking for someone with Kubernetes experience but you shouldn’t opt-out if you aren’t certified or don’t consider yourself an expert yet - we’re just not looking to teach someone Kubernetes from the ground up.

I should also point out that Python appears to have survived our job description editing process - you might have an opportunity to write some Python at Riffyn but it is not a requirement - we write Bash scripts for the majority of our automation.

Senior Operations Engineer (DevOps)

5 Likes

Hi Peter,

Thank you for let me know the vacancy, I have submitted my resume for this posting now.
Could you please let me know if my skill set matches with this profile.

Regards,
Satish
510 375 0184

1 Like

Hi Satish,

Thanks for applying and reaching out. I don’t have access to our applicant tracking system (your resume was submitted directly to HR) but I’ll try to review your resume, and follow up with you directly, later today if you forward it to pwhite at riffyn.com.

Regards,
Peter

Hi Peterwhite,

Thank you for the reply, please can I have your email ID so I can share my resume.

I am reachable @ 510 375 0184

Regards,
Satish

To close the loop, re: Satish’s last comment, I replied to him directly.