Hi Team, I am also prepping for CKA, one question; do i really need to use short . . .

VK:
Hi Team, I am also prepping for CKA, one question; do i really need to use shortcut for commands , because then dont we have edit bash file and update, then ensure tab allows for command expansion. Just wondering does it really save that much time or just using the commands and tabs gets us what we want ? Any thoughts ?

Richie McG:
alias k=kubectl is already set for you and works with tab completion in the exam environment.

Richie McG:
if you use exports they will disappear if you have to refresh your browser (happened to me as I got disconnected from the exam). This will also clear the flags you might have added to questions.

VK:
Thank you @Richie McG so you suggest go without any modification and use Tab auto completions ?

Richie McG:
I think that really depends on you and how you practice. For me the exam environment was what I practised for (k shortcut, builtin short-hand and tab-completion) and it paid off for me as I could finish with 15 mins to spare.
You just need to decide on how you want to work and practice, practice, practice and you’ll be fine.