Hi , Need your help in understanding , What is the difference between a node and . . .

R:
Hi , Need your help in understanding , What is the difference between a node and context ? and if i have to ssh some node and get back to the context back , so what is the relation between them and what i have to take care about?

Fernando Jimenez:
context is always referring to the kubeconfig file to access the kube-apiserver. Normally with the client kubectl. Node could be a worker node in the k8s cluster or it could be any host machine (VM).
k8s nodes (including the controlplane/masters) has some componets running as a service in the host. You might be asked to do something about the service, or to troubleshoot something at the node level, thus, you need to ssh into it (login). However, your access to the k8s cluster with credentials most likely is going to be always in the same initial machine (workstation) and you need to be sure you come back to it before you can use kubectl again.

R:
Thanks @Fernando Jimenez for explaining. Suppose i have to create a file in a directory on certain node. Also i have to mount that path in a pod. So, to create a file i can ssh into the node. Now the second question is to create the pod and mount that path in pod do i need to exit from the node and get back the context to create the pod ?

Fernando Jimenez:
Most likely the answer is yes. You need to go back to where you have kubectl installed with a proper context (kubeconfig) configured. Then you modify your yaml file to mount and to apply it.

Fernando Jimenez:
The only time that that the answer is no is if in the node that you ssh into there is a kubectl and context configured (very unlikely)

R:
Thanks for the confirmation. I got the point. kubectl will only be installed and useful where context is set.