Hi @Mohamed Ayman @Mumshad Mannambeth @Vijin Palazhi I am planning to take my C . . .

Sarthak Satish:
Hi @Mohamed Ayman @Mumshad Mannambeth @Vijin Palazhi

I am planning to take my CKAD exam shortly below are the few concepts i am getting confused can you please clarify a bit.

1. when to provide /bin/sh -c or /bash when executing a command.
  2. Should i use sudo -i in exam?
  3. Just to confirm ckad exam will be given on 1.20 version right? We can see k8 doc is updated to version 21.so if I am going to take in next week , does it impact? When is it going to change for exam as well?
  4. When to give command and when to give args , For example in the below question i have given “command” but in lab solutions it was give “args”

Andrei Barbu:
Hello Sarthak! I can try to clarify your questions, but feel free to double check my answers. The responses are based on my understanding:
1 - This depends on the nature of the container. The difference is that sh=shell, bash=bash and bash is a newver version of shell. For example, nginx image has both, but if you use busybox, /bin/sh is the only option (see screenshot):

2 - I had the exam 2 days ago and I didn’t need to use it but in case you will need, feel free to do it.

3 - I am not sure about this, but all I can say is that this shouldn’t be a big change. If you are prepared for 1.20, for sure you will be in 1.21 as well.

4 - args in Kubernetes overrides CMD in the original docker image.

command in Kubernetes overrides ENTRYPOINT in the original docker image.

Reference link: https://www.enterprisedaddy.com/2020/07/kubernetes-101-series-kubernetes-commands-and-arguments

My understanding is that, in the end, the result should be the same for both taking in consideration the scripts/commands/args we ran in the container are not complex.

However, during the exam, it might specify to use command not args or vice-versa. If it’s not specified, you can use any.

I hope this helps you.

Good luck!

Tej_Singh_Rana:
> Just to confirm ckad exam will be given on 1.20 version right? We can see k8 doc is updated to version 21.so if I am going to take in next week , does it impact? When is it going to change for exam as well?
https://docs.linuxfoundation.org/tc-docs/certification/faq-cka-ckad-cks#what-application-version-is-running-in-the-exam-environment
About version changing in the exam, it’s described in the above link.
> The CKA, CKS and CKAD exam environment will be aligned with the most recent K8s minor version within approximately 4 to 8 weeks of the K8s release date.