Hi guys, I was really not able to understand (without the hints) how I can retri . . .

Marco Tony:
Hi guys, I was really not able to understand (without the hints) how I can retrieve the cni script.
What I missed??

Michael Cuffaro:
how do you mean? what cni script?

Marco Tony:
yes. what cni script? Which lesson tells me the script is pointed by type?

Laks NK:
Yeah - I had this question during the trainings as well. It is my understanding that if there is nothing specified in the /etc/cni/net.d conf file, or /opt/cni/bin folder, then there is some magic within the CNI docker image that does the handling of CNI related functionality. But, I defer to the experts on this.

RG:
I’m having trouble with this as well:

I found this reply about Network Plugin defaults handy:
2 Command Line parameters for kubelet:
cni-conf-dir - (default: /etc/cni/net.d)
cni-bin-dir - kubelet checks this directory for plugins at startup (default directory is /opt/cni/bin)
network-plugin - which type of network plugin to use, for CNI plugins, the parameter must be --network-plugin=cni

RG:
So kubelet reads /etc/cni.net.d/10-weave.conflist reads the name: weave parameter.

Then looks in /opt/cni/bin for weave plugin to execute with the parameters given in the the file …

I hope I’m right :sweat_smile:

Marco Tony:
@RG the question is simplier. In which lesson I got that the cni script is specified by “type”?

RG:
@Marco Tony Sorry, can you explain your question again? :thinking_face:

Marco Tony:
You wrote:
> Then looks in /opt/cni/bin for weave plugin to execute with the parameters given in the the file …
In which lesson you got this?

Marco Tony:
Maybe I missed something during the lessons

Laks NK:
@Marco Tony in lecture 190, “CNI in Kubernetes” Mumshad talks about this. Short video, but he talks about it from 1 minute onwards

RG:
@Marco Tony I got it from here
https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/extend-kubernetes/compute-storage-net/network-plugins/#cni