Hi everyone , So I got my CKA yesterday . Super excited to have achieved this! Thanks to Kodekloud team @Mumshad Mannambeth and others for the course ( that is everything one needs to make this exam) . Here is my journey and my experience on exam day!
- I used the KodeKloud course on Udemy , this course is very good and I loved and enjoyed how Mumshad thought the course ( despite that I was using k8s before , I learnt a whole lot of new things I didn’t know about before and he made learning fun with his style of teaching) .
- I started preparing with the course mid January
- I attended all the labs after I finished each lecture
- When I completed the course , I attempted the Mock 1 , it was easy , I attended Mock2 , it was a bit hard for me and then I attempted Mock3 and I felt inadequate about myself , because I actually thought I had prepared well . Then the final straw was when I did the Lightning Labs and I could only answer 3 questions in the whole of 1 hour lol … .So I told myself I had to keep practising plus someone mentioned here that until you are able to do all the Mock in 30mins then you are not ready for the exam ( that made me feel bad but also it gave me a push ) So I started doing 2 hours after work every day just to practise the Mock exams and the Lightning labs . After 2 weeks of practise , I began to score 100% in the Mock and lightning labs and I finished them in 30-35mins , that gave me the courage to then schedule my exam
- Because I was nervous due to some posts I read online ( PLEASE , be mindful of what you digest on blogs , some of them are full of scary things about CKA) , I rescheduled again , I actually rescheduled 3 times:joy: . because I was nervous for some weird reasons .
- So I finally summoned the courage to write it , then on Exam day , I started out well, all the questions seem familiar ( I mean if you have practised the Mock and lightning labs ) then you would have done something similar already in the labs .
- I had 17 questions , I attempted 12 and flagged 5 to come back to them ( I knew those 5 , but had some minor issues solving some of them ) unfortunately , the exam network went off while I was trying to go back to work on the flagged questions . I tried all sort but nothing worked , then I had to reload the page , and when the exam was loaded again I thought I had lost all my 12 questions as I panicked ( Please don’t be like me:scream: ). At this time I had just 35minutes more , so the time I was meant to use to check my 5 flagged questions I was busy confirming if my work was lost or not #sad . If your exam portal ever lost connection , please just continue , your work is saved ( I wish I knew better lol)
- My remaining 30 minutes went by and I was no longer composed to answer my flagged questions ( unfortunately) so I was able to only do 1 out of it I think and I left 4 questions untouched:cold_sweat:
- I did only 12 or 13 questions ( I think I was lucky to have done the high weighted ones)
- Please no matter what happens in the exam , try to remain calm ( I don’t know if this is possible but I think it matters a lot )
- Plus the exam is not hard as said by some blogs , and also the time is enough for you to do the exam ( if you have practised well ) Don’t Panic , Don’t be nervous . Just prepare with Mumshad course and do all the Mocks and Lightning Labs over and over again till you are confident .
- PS I did not enable auto complete or any bash stuff in my terminal ( This is a personal preference because in real life I type all my commands in full too so it made no difference for me but please do whatever works for you in real life in the exam too )
- I hope my points helps someone and not discourage them