Hi everyone 👋 in the Second Mock Exam, the first question about etcd backup . . .

Rehab Hassanein:
Hi everyone :wave: in the Second Mock Exam, the first question about etcd backup, in the solutions Video it’s showing that the etcdctl command is taken from the etcd.yaml file, however, in the the node I’m working on, the etcdctl is not part of the etcd.yaml file, is there an easy way to view the needed parameters for etcdctl if it doesn’t exist in etcd.yaml?

Deekshith Hadil:
May be that solution is outdated.
Yes, you can get the required parameters from the etcd.yaml file. Look at the section…

spec:
  containers:
  - command:
    - 

The ca cert, etcd certificate, key files are mentioned there. Iisten-client-urls are the --end-points.

Rehab Hassanein:
Cool, I was hoping that I would get a one-line command like shown in the solutions video, thanks for answering!

Mohamed Ayman:
Check this gif about etcd backup and restore:
etcd-backup-restore.gif

Mohamed Ayman:
Repo link:
https://github.com/mmumshad/kubernetes-cka-practice-test-solution-etcd-backup-and-restore

Mohamed Ayman:
In the GIF, the initial cluster token , cluster name and initial-advertise-peer-urls are optional, especially when restoring back to the same cluster with a single master.