Hi, Can any one help me with this lab excercise? how to change the `deployment` . . .

Sudeepthi Kakarla Naga:
Hi, Can any one help me with this lab excercise? how to change the deployment strategy from rollingupdate to recreate with out deleting and recreating the deployment ? below is the question from Deployments lab: Change the deployment strategy to Recreate • Do not delete and re-create the deployment. Only update the strategy type for the existing deployment. • Deployment Name: frontend • Deployment Image: kodekloud/webapp-color:v2 • Strategy: Recreate

minakshi bose:
can’t we edit the deployment to update the strategy

Sudeepthi Kakarla Naga:
@minakshi bose: editing will creating a new tmp file. that eventually leads to deleting and recreating the deployment object.

Phani M:
@Sudeepthi Kakarla Naga I edited the deployment and changed the strategy type to Recreate. While in edit mode, please make sure to delete these 3 lines related to rollingUpdate specs of 25%… and change the "type" to Recreate

This has updated the deployment but didn’t result in deletion/recreation of the deployment object.

vagrant@kubemaster:~$ kdp
NAME             READY   UP-TO-DATE   AVAILABLE   AGE
dep1             1/1     1            1           49s
vagrant@kubemaster:~$ k get deploy dep1 -o jsonpath='{.spec.strategy.type}{"\n"}'
RollingUpdate
vagrant@kubemaster:~$
vagrant@kubemaster:~$ k edit deploy/dep1
deployment.apps/dep1 edited
vagrant@kubemaster:~$ kdp
NAME             READY   UP-TO-DATE   AVAILABLE   AGE
dep1             1/1     1            1           118s

There is a pod created and unchanged for this deploy even after updating the type:
dep1-555947d676-jsnp5             1/1     Running   0          2m19s

vagrant@kubemaster:~$ k get deploy dep1 -o jsonpath='{.spec.strategy.type}{"\n"}'
Recreate

Can you please try?