Hi @Ather Tahir team is there anyway were we can record the deploy version as -- . . .

Pradeep.nair:
Hi @Ather Tahir team is there anyway were we can record the deploy version as --record flag is removed while creating deployment option
I can see we we can record image changes during the set image command… but is there a way we can see both changes of image recorded. i know we have one but I have missed that. could some one help me

image.png

Memo Toro:
Hi @Pradeep.nair I’m not sure if that will work but I think you can do kubectl -f apply/create deployment.file --record and it will be recorded in the history.

Pradeep.nair:
Hey @Memo Toro thanks for the info tried i got the status but not sure can you record the image version the same way

Deepak Ladwa:
@Pradeep.nair when we create a deployment, the request gets recorded by default i think. Post the image set changes, we can use the undo command to fallback to the first version of the image which was there at the time of creating the deployment.

Pradeep.nair:
@Deepak Ladwa thanks for info …Appreciate it … but when we create and record by default it does not show which image details in changes-caused column of rollout history… is there a way to record that. Like below
image.png

Deepak Ladwa:
@Pradeep.nair record option is not available during initial resource creation. we have to use describe option only to get the image details to verify.

Pradeep.nair:
@Deepak Ladwa thanks hope this should not come in the examination … not sure if it comes how should i show the records of image changes in rollout status command

Deepak Ladwa:
@Pradeep.nair k8s docs also states that the record option is only available with set option.
https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/workloads/controllers/deployment/#updating-a-deployment