Hi All, I’m pleased to inform that I have passed CKA after more than 2 months of preparation. Thanks a lot @Mumshad Mannambeth for the great course. Thanks to @Tej_Singh_Rana @OE @runlevl4 @maheshwar reddy @Harindha Fernando for all the help and being available to help in this channel!!
My Experience and some tips:-
- Exam was smooth and luckily there were no issues with the platform during the exam.
- I did a mistake in first question itself! Used the switch context command given for the question, but did not create the resource in right NS.
- When I’m validating this, I got to know the mistake and corrected it. Did not do similar mistake for the rest of the questions. So if you stuck or something went wrong, quickly correct it if it’s possible, otherwise move ahead for the next question without wasting any time. Same for the questions where you have some doubt.
- While practicing, always validate your answer yourself by using kubectl commands, don’t just relay on the kodekloud UI which validates them automatically, this helps you to validate the answers in the exam as well.
awkhelped me for one of the jsonpath related question. So its good to know these linux commands which helps you get result without using any complex jsonpath query.
- If at all you want to use jsonpath itself, make sure you know this options as suggested by @OE in earlier posts.
kubectl get pods -o json | jq -c 'path(..)|[.|tostring]|join(".")'
and try to filter out managedFields related entries by using grep as below… and then do grep for the required field…
kubectl get pods -o json | jq -c 'path(..)|[.|tostring]|join(".")' | grep -vi managedfields
No need to remember the first jq command, it’s there in cheatsheet : https://kubernetes.io/docs/reference/kubectl/cheatsheet/#viewing-finding-resources
All the best for those who are preparing!