Hi All, Any ideas how I can confirm where a docker image is pulled from when I d .

Ruban Siva:
Hi All,
Any ideas how I can confirm where a docker image is pulled from when I don’t explicitly specify the registry name?
For e.g.
With the following command:
docker run -it --rm busybox
Output:
Unable to find image ‘busybox:latest’ locally
latest: Pulling from library/busybox

I assume “library” is the repository

I had assumed it would come from docker hub by default but how can I confirm where it actually comes from?

Shin:
@Ruban Siva - Enter the command “docker info”. You will be getting the registry information in the output of that command.

Ruban Siva:
@Shin I thought the same but doesn’t seem to true in this case. On my private GKE cluster, it has no access to any public registry yet the image is still being pulled from somewhere and I want to understand where. Still not managed to confirm where yet even comparing image digests…

Ruban Siva:
@Shin you were correct, the gke nodes were pointing to a mirror gcr with the images
Thanks

Shin:
@Ruban Siva - Glad to hear, you figured that out. And Sorry that, I could have provided you the screenshot in the first instance to make it quicker. But anyways, congrats for figuring this out:slightly_smiling_face::+1:.