Hey all, i tried my first attempt on the CKA exam however didn't pass with a sco . . .

Luca F.:
hey all,
i tried my first attempt on the CKA exam however didn’t pass with a score 63%.
This is very surprising for me, because i only left 3 x 7% tasks as almost empty (due to expiring time) but i’ve done everything else and i was sure they were correct:
that means for sure i lost -21% score, however i have no clue what happened to the remaining 16% score i lost (it’s a lot!).

Do you know if we can email the support to ask for the errors? How can i understand and learn from my errors? How should i practice now to get “better”?
I mean, actually there is no point attempting the free retake if i dont understand what really happened…
(yes i can practice more to be faster and doing all tasks, but still something really important is missing here)
Thank you very much

Jason:
I would like to know this as well since I am going to take the exam next month. Curious if they give a report of what was missed or what needs more work

Boris Zaikin:
They usually sending areas where you failed. Like Deploying workload , Troubleshooting etc.

Luca F.:
true, i got my areas: apparently i failed Service&Network and Troubleshooting, but still got no clue why or what happened! i also verified the results were the same expected…

Boris Zaikin:
However it can be a mistake from their side. I saw this happened few times. It is good to ask them to recalculate results.

Boris Zaikin:
Well, classic issues. Context switch, wrong network policy, and you can spend ages troubleshoot your cluster.

Luca F.:
ah interesting, how can i ask that? is there a specific email or ticket?

Boris Zaikin:
Just write to support.

Boris Zaikin:
I dunno honestly. :slightly_smiling_face: I know why I failed. It was reasonably.

Boris Zaikin:
Well you can test all your stuff. The problem here is time… You should spent appox 3-5 min to each task.

Jason:
thanks @Boris Zaikin for the advice

tim heaney:
Hang in there Luca! I took the CKAD multiple times and failed before finally passing.

When you take the test the second time you will see a few questions that you THOUGHT you had answered fully and correctly the first time, but for a few/many you will notice a wrinkle or nuance that you didn’t see the first time. You will correct these wrinkles on your next attempt and you will pass. Let us know when you do!!

(In addition to the awesome KodeKloud course be sure to take the practice exam on Killerl.sh, their questions are very well tailored to the CKAD/CKA. They cover the nuances that you will see in the test. $30 for three practice exams is an excellent investment!!)

Sidd:
@Boris Zaikin can you tell us why you failed? Maybe a lesson for us

Luca F.:
@tim heaney hey Tim, thank you very much for the motivation! sadly, i already took the Killer.sh website and still didnt pass: probably my biggest problem is i need to be quicker and doing all tasks…this way, i could partially do the last 3 tasks and recover a little bit from the -21% score lost…

Luca F.:
@Boris Zaikin Hey Boriszn, i contacted support and sadly they refused to give further informations/feedback, because “we cannot risk partially disclosing the questions and answer”.
I’m very disappointed, because learning from own mistakes is the single most important process in improving…also, since i took the exam i searched and verified online the tasks i’ve done and still cannot find my errors (looking online, people is doing tasks the SAME way i did…)
Honestly i really don’t know what to do now

Boris Zaikin:
I think this link may help you https://itnext.io/kubernetes-journey-cka-ckad-exam-tips-ff73e4672833

Boris Zaikin:
Perhaps, you did everything right. But you could make an errors therefore your solution didn’t work. (context switch, or sudo -i etc) Which is fine, we are humans, it’s ok.

sravan kumar karna:
May be some what relevant to the context here…I had the similar case which @Luca F. mentioned, Luckily on my second attempt i cleared the exam, one thing still haunts me -> After completing the each task I click on the I'm satisfied with question button on the bottom of the panel, but during the final checking/verification I made a lot of changes ( modified or added something). So will there be any side effects on the results with above activity?