Hello, please cloud you explain me the effect of storageClassName mentioned in . . .

Amel ECHEIKH EZAOUALI:
Hello, please cloud you explain me the effect of storageClassName mentioned in pv and pvc ? i created a static storage without create storage class and i can create pv and pvc with storageClassName
image.png

AB:
I think storage class for cloud computing. I AWS, Azure we got different types of storage. Some are cheap and some are fast.

Amel ECHEIKH EZAOUALI:
now, i’m able to create pv and pvc with filed storageClassName: manual defined in pv and pc yaml file without create a storage class because i’m not using a dynamic strorage

Amel ECHEIKH EZAOUALI:
storageClass does not exist

Nada Nour:
the storage class for the case of local storage is used to delay the binding of the volume until the pod is created

volumeBindingMode: WaitForFirstConsumer

this is the use case used for it

Amel ECHEIKH EZAOUALI:
but the storage class doesn’t exist, i don’t create a storage class with this yaml

Amel ECHEIKH EZAOUALI:
i juste create pv and pvc with filed storageClassName: manual but really this storage classe object does not created

cv:
if there exists a pv with the specified storage class, the pvc gets bound, else it will wait for the storage class to provision

cv:
as long as the class name match it doesn’t matter, they get bound

Amel ECHEIKH EZAOUALI:
okey thank you

PP:
@Amel ECHEIKH EZAOUALI have you tried creating the storage class “manual” what it says?

Amel ECHEIKH EZAOUALI:
I don’t create a sc