My kubernetes journey started last year. Completed CKA with 92% last year and this week went ahead with CKAD and passed with 90%
Big thanks to @Mumshad Mannambeth for the wonderful course. I really enjoyed CKA course as it really helped me to understand core concepts much better.
- Do not try to build yaml from scratch and always use either imperative commands or copy it from k8s website (use book marks for samples).
- Always blindly change the context by copy pasting the command mentioned at the top of each question
- Read the question completely before trying to solve. Majority of the questions request to create pods/deployments in different namespaces. I made it as a practice to use “k -n <namespace>” for each of my commands instead of setting the namespace via set config command and unset at the end of it.
- Get familiar with the configmaps/secrets and mounting them as env variables, mountPaths etc
- Bookmarks are lifesavers
- If you have completed CKA and if you want to give CKAD immediately it would be the best option instead of procrastinating. It may take additional 2 weeks effort to clear CKAD once u clear CKA.
- The questions are lengthy in CKAD , so do not get scared by looking at the length of questions, take a deep breath, looking at the weightage and move on to next one immediately if it the questions carry just 2 to 3%. They can be tackled at the end.
- Last but not least, there is no substitute for hardwork. Please practice…practice…practice.
Below are the some of the references that I have used: