Hello everyone - I'm setting up a semi-permanent home lab environment to study f . . .

Grant Powers:
Hello everyone - I’m setting up a semi-permanent home lab environment to study for the CKA & CKAD. I’m wondering what the best way to proceed is… Should I follow the K8s kubeadm docs? Kubespray? Stick with minikube? Thanks for any suggestions!

Hinodeya:
@Grant Powers follow this documentation:

Hinodeya:
https://kubernetes.io/docs/setup/production-environment/tools/kubeadm/install-kubeadm/

Anil:
k8s docs are enough. imo…Better to start with videos, k8s docs and hands on lab. so you get idea of different questions and how to solve…

Grant Powers:
I was going to start with creating the cluster infrastructure before starting the course videos. Would it be better to just follow the course and build the lab environment as I go through the course (meaning, does the CKA course video content walk us through this?)?

Anil:
everyone has different approach… there is also lab for creating cluster… using kubeadm way… if you want to start with install and get more comfortable with components… rather than working on it directly.

Grant Powers:
@Hinodeya - using the kubeadm method in the k8s docs, and in relation to best learning for the exams… how many master, and how many workers would you suggest. I was going to start with a 3 master x 3 worker lab configuration, and probably use metallb for a loadbalancer.

Hinodeya:
The number is not important at the beginning honestly just install one Master and 3 worker

Grant Powers:
@Hinodeya - thanks. At what point does it become important in the courses/exams?

Grant Powers:
I assume at some point having a distributed etcd configuration will be important.