Hello Everyone, Can anyone help me with below interview questions i faced - Ca . . .

Faizan Shaikh:
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone help me with below interview questions i faced

• Can a Pod have multiple IP address assigned. Whether that Pod contains one or more containers.

• How can we find who is the owner of a POD or a Deployment, so that we can reach to their Team.

• If we add a Master node in cluster, how will the previous kublets know the location of this new Master node.

PavanKumar Rallabhandi:
I am not an expert as I just started reading the basic of Kubernetes and hence will try to answer two of them

PavanKumar Rallabhandi:

1. POD can contain more than one container

PavanKumar Rallabhandi:
2. Kubectl describe POD <podname> should give that info and lot more

Vinod Kumar Nair:

• Can a Pod have multiple IP addresses assigned -> No, IP addresses are Ephemeral for a pod but still 1 at a time…they come and go…resolved against a DNS entry.

Whether that Pod contains one or more containers -> Yes, multi-container pod…or a sidecar is one of the patterns

How can we find who is the owner of a POD or a Deployment, so that we can reach to their Team. -> This is tricky however can be identified by various factors…such as labels in pods & deployments or a LABEL instruction in a Dockerfile, if provided to identify the right team

If we add a Master node in cluster, how will the previous kublets know the location of this new Master node -> Not sure about this though we can join a new worker node to a cluster

hope it helps to you

Faizan Shaikh:
Thanks for the explanation :blush:

Raul Butuc:
@Faizan Shaikh your cluster should be divided into multiple namespaces. Each team has a namespace and all their deployments/pods/etc. will be found under their respective namespace.