Git repository update

Hi,
I got failed message about the git repo task.

what command did i miss to push to master?

git init
cp index from jump box
git add index.html
git commit -m “add index.html”
git status – show current branch is master

jo Jenna !
Git push origin master

1 Like

hi Andrzej,
I did the “git push origin master” as well. I did the command in the /usr/src/kodekloudrepos directory, should i got down to the news/ directory to do all the command?

Yes this would help. As I do not have this question recently would be good if you could remain me full context.

@andrzej, @Ayman

Even I got the similar task and it failed.

The task details are below

The Nautilus development team started with new project development. They have created different Git repositories to manage respective project's source code. 
One of the repo /opt/ecommerce.git was created recently. 
The team has given us a sample index.html file that is currently present on jump host under /tmp. 
The repository has been cloned at /usr/src/kodekloudrepos on storage server in Stratos DC.<br>

Copy sample index.html file from jump host to storage server under cloned repository at /usr/src/kodekloudrepos, add/commit the file and push to master branch.

Error message:
- file 'index.html' does not exist in '/usr/src/kodekloudrepos/ecommerce/' git repo on Storage server

But the problem is the file is present in the location /usr/src/kodekloudrepos/ but the validation is expecting the file to be /usr/src/kodekloudrepos/ecommerce/.

is this validation or description error ?

I think it was not properly described. I had the same error and had to figure it out.