For the first practice assignment on "Backup and Restore", after I restore using . . .

Swaminathan S:
For the first practice assignment on “Backup and Restore”, after I restore using the command etcdctl snapshot restore (with correct backed up file and data-dir), when I give kubectl commands, I get the error “The connection to the server controlplane:6443 was refused - did you specify the right host or port?”. I tried different troubleshooting steps, but nothing seems to work. Can someone help me here?

R B:
Give it sometime.After path is adjusted,it takes sometime for etcd to be recreated.

R B:
That’s is as per my understanding

Alistair Mackay:
Services may take up to a minute to be recycled

You can use the following to see the container activity. Note that if docker command is not found (it might not be if the lab’s now on 1.24), then substitute crictl for docker

watch docker ps

Newly created containers will be added at the top of the list.

If you see etcd and/or kube-apiserver containers appearing then disappearing, then you have made an error somewhere. If they never appear, then kick the kubelet

sudo systemctl restart kubelet

then re-do the watch command

Swaminathan S:
OK, thank you R B and Alistair, I will try your suggestions and let you know if the problem is solved.