Failed Create group and add user

Please I would love to know why I failed the create group and add user task. I ensured to follow the instructions. By sshing into the 3 servers with usernames tony, steve and banner using their username and hostname. I created the group nautilus_developers and I also created the user kano and added the user to the group specified. After which I rebooted the server and went to the home directory(thor).
This is the feedback I got after failing

Hello,

You need not to reboot servers, in fact make sure not to reboot them. Once you are done with your task just click on Finish button. After that you will see the results of your task.

Thanks
Inderpreet

I failed the last task I worked on because I didn’t restart the server-- The task was to ensure that users can only ssh with only their username and password and not via root so as to tighten the security. Now you’re saying I sholdn’t restart server. How do I know which task would require restarting the server?

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this. There is no task in there where you need to restart servers. The task you are mentioning about could be verified using ssh simply. Why you wanted to reboot servers for that ?

You might have misunderstood the requirements, in such case please ask for clarifications here.

Thanks
Inderpreet

Okay. Noted. Thank you for your quick response!

1 Like

also tried in lab here is error please check whats the problem