Docker installation error

Hi, I am unable to install docker…please held

using Virtualbox 6.1.14
using centos image(CentOS Linux release 8.2.2004 (Core))

I have used below command to install the docker:

$ curl -fsSL http![docker|690x408](upload://2v57ww8nQ21TZEUi85V87C8r99s.png) s://get.docker.com -o get-docker.sh
$ sudo sh get-docker.sh

But had an error:
Problem: package docker-ce-3:19.03.13-3.el7.x86_64 requires containerd.io >= 1.2.2-3, but none of the providers can be installed

Hi PawanSingh,

Kindly try the following :

sudo yum install docker-ce docker-ce-cli containerd.io

No, its not working.

Kindly try the following:

$ yum install --setopt=obsoletes=0 \
   docker-ce-17.03.2.ce-1.el7.centos.x86_64 \
   docker-ce-selinux-17.03.2.ce-1.el7.centos.noarch 

again a bad luck, not working.

Please provide me with the OS version you used .

Unfortunately, CentOS 8 does not support specific versions of the container.id package. This means that only some versions of docker-ce are available for installation.

So the link below will be useful, kindly check it :

Thank you for guiding me however still I am not able to use docker as it gave me one another error. Therefore I have decided to use lower version of Centos, I have downloaded CentOS 7-1908 from osboxes.org however saw below when try to boot it.

CentOS 7-1908

I am asking too many questions, few of them might be basics but I am new to admin/linux hence like to clarify everything.

Never mind.
Keep going, Good luck.

I also use the same version of Centos (8.2) and was encountered the same problem.
I resolve it by installing “containerd.io-1.3.7-3.1.el7.x86_64.rpm” package manually.

To install this package manually please execute this command with sudo permission-
sudo dnf install -y https://download.docker.com/linux/centos/7/x86_64/stable/Packages/containerd.io-1.3.7-3.1.el7.x86_64.rpm” then install docker as usual.

Hope it will resolve your problem.

1 Like

Volume allocated via Virtual box for you VM looks like not detected and OS went in emergency mode.
Better remove it and recreate again as your VM is new.

Hi Asad,

Thanks for suggestion. I have tried installing suggested package but something is really not good with either image or my luck. It’s not working.

Thanks, mate…I have recreated it but this time process keeps running.
Its been 30 mins and it stuck here.

I have downloaded “Ubuntu 18.10 Cosmic (64bit)”.

I can see you trying desktop version. Suggest to go with minimal image if you only want to run test lab for docker. Also flavor should be ample. My ubuntu Virtual server I normally give 3 GB RAM atleast with 100G Disk.