Demo – Install VirtualBox on Windows Video

Hi there. I am a newbie in DevOps. While taking the DevOps Pre-Requisite Course, I was watching the video on installing VirtualBox on Windows. I have a Windows 10 computer. I installed the VirtualBox version 6.1.36 (the latest version) instead of the version 5.2.12, which was used in the video by the instructor (when the video was made in 2018). My installed Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager looked (whacked and) different: the text fonts very unpleasantly too tiny (for me to conveniently even with my glasses on). I decided to uninstall it and try to use version 5.2.12 (as was used in the video). I got an error from my Windows OS saying that “the version 5.2.12 cannot be opened as it causes security breach to the Windows OS”. I searched the Internet for a solution without success. Any tips? I have attached a screenshot of the VM VirtualBox Manager.

Thx. :grinning:

Julius

Hey people, I think I stumbled into the solution to my issue above. First of, in my post above, I unintentionally left out the fact that I attached two monitors to my computer. As a rule, anytime I do not know what too do, I simple play around my computer (and on the Internet) trying anything that comes my way. In that process, I listened to a though to try just one monitor screen (rather than two screen) and voila!, the font size returned to normal. And that was it! :grinning: By the way, I experimented more with the issue (configuring back the two monitors) and discovered that the issue of the tiny text on the Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager only happened on one of the two monitors (and not on both screen: the text was normal on one monitor but tiny on the other screen). I am posting my solution here, just in case someone else experiences the same issue.

Julius

Hello @jusehiemua,
Great! Thanks for sharing!