Demo - Bootstrapping Chef Client

Hello,

I request you to please mention 2-3 types of ways to setup a chef-client. I am new and seeing you are using .pem file for installation chef client.

But take a different example like me I am using a virtual machine not a hosting server. In this case, I will use only SSH option…I have setup login workstation or client without password but still, I am not able to install the chef agent.

So I request you to take multiple examples so we can take instance help without more delay. I have sent the email but your team told me the right query here. Why they can’t answer the email.

Command I have used:

knife bootstrap 192.168.0.102 -N client.example.com -U osboxes -i /home/osboxes/id_rsa --sudo

knife bootstrap 192.168.0.102 -N client.example.com --ssh-user osboxes --sudo --ssh-identity-file /home/osboxes/.ssh/authorized_keys

knife bootstrap 192.168.0.102 -N client.example.com --ssh-user osboxes --sudo -i /home/osboxes/id.pem

knife bootstrap 192.168.0.102 -N client.example.com --ssh-user osboxes --sudo --ssh-identity-file /home/osboxes/key.pem

Hi @imranmalikit , sorry to hear that. Are you still having this problem?

Regards,
Vitor Jr.
KodeKloud Support

Am also facing the same issue, when i follow same process knife bootstrap, i am getting error, and sent a mail and they replied " write a query in community"

Hi @teja.uppala90 ,
We are here to assist you. Can you please share more details?

1. Where are you trying? I mean locally or cloud or playground.
  2. Are you following complete steps from the demo lecture or from the official docs?
  3. What kind of error are you getting?
    For the error, please attach an error screenshot. We will take a look into it and assist you accordingly.

Regards,
KodeKloud Support